Climate Central is a hybrid science and media non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide factual information to help the public and policymakers make sound choices about climate change.
- What Information We Collect and What We Do with It
- How We Protect the Security of Your Information
- Donor Privacy
- Children's Privacy
- Links to Other Websites
- How to Unsubscribe, Opt Out, or Correct your Information
- How to Contact Us
- Proprietary Rights
- Reproducing Content from this Site
- Intellectual Property Rights of Others
- Limitation of Liability
- External Links, Users, Sponsors and Advertisers
- Governing Law
What Information We Collect and What We Do with It
Climate Central may occasionally ask you to provide personally identifying information such your name, postal address, email address and other information about you. Specifically, Climate Central collects such information from you when (a) you register to use the Site and/or (b) when you sign up to receive email, press releases or other information.
Climate Central uses the information we collect from you to respond to your requests and provide you with information about Climate Central. Climate Central does not sell your data but may share your information with our service providers and successors. We may disclose personally identifiable information when required by law or when we have a good faith belief that a release is appropriate to protect our rights or property.
How We Protect the Security of your Information
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site. However, no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, you provide us with this data at your own risk. Our databases are located in the United States. If you are located outside of the U.S., by sending us your data you consent to its transfer to and storage within the United States.
Climate Central does not sell donor information, does not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations, and will only share donor information with another organization if it has specific permission from the donor to do so.
Climate Central does not knowingly ask children 13 and under for any information. Visitors who are 13 or under should ask a parent or legal guardian for assistance when using the Site and should not submit any personally identifiable information.
Links to other Websites
Climate Central provides links to third party websites, and other websites may link to our Site. Climate Central does not endorse, nor is it responsible for the content of any third-party websites we may list on the Site. Other websites that are linked to our Site may have different policies and thus you will need to review the privacy notices on those websites for details.
How to Unsubscribe, Opt Out, or Correct your Information
How to Contact Us
You can also reach us via US mail at:
One Palmer Square, Suite 402
Princeton, NJ 08542
Climate Central’s materials are protected by copyright. We own all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, for example, text, photos, illustrations, graphics, videos, audio, software, files, code, date and materials thereon), the look and feel, design and organization of the website, the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein. Use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on or through the Site.
Reproducing Content from This Site
Climate Central grants permission for reproduction and use of its materials in any medium or format under the following conditions; we will not revoke this permission as long as you observe these conditions.
- Type of use (commercial/non-commercial): Except for materials described below under “Exceptions,” you may use Climate Central material (i) for any non-commercial purpose; (ii) for commercial purposes if you are a commercial media organization using the material for a commercial news purpose, or (iii) if you are an accredited commercial or non-commercial educational entity using the material for an educational purpose. Other commercial use is not authorized, absent specific written permission from Climate Central. To request such permission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attribution/Credit: You must give credit to Climate Central. If you are using our materials online, you must provide a link to the relevant page of our website on which the material appears (or, if using a group of materials, to the parent page). You may indicate that use of our materials is by permission, and if you do so we encourage you to link to the page on which this notice appears.
- Modifications/Derivatives: You may not modify images, other than to re-size images or trim them in ways that do not affect the information provided; you may also use excerpts of textual material. If you transform the material in a way that changes its meaning, you may not distribute the modified material. If you wish to distribute modified material, you must first obtain specific written permission from Climate Central. To request such permission, contact email@example.com.
- Non-endorsement: In reproducing our material, you may not suggest that Climate Central endorses you or your use.
- EXCEPTIONS: A limited number of materials are not authorized for use, except under separate explicit license or authorization; those materials are explicitly identified on any web pages featuring those materials (for online materials) or on hard-copy materials (for hard-copy materials). For further information on use of such materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Rights of Others
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and request that our visitors do the same. Pursuant to Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Title 17, United States Code, a copyright owner or its authorized agent may submit a notification for believed copyright infringement based on material that is residing on the Site.
If you think your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our copyright agent, who can be reached at:
One Palmer Square, Suite 402
Princeton, NJ 08542
The notification must include ALL of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on this Site;
- your name, address, telephone number, email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit Climate Central to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that content has been taken down improperly from the Site or that access to material on the Site was improperly disabled, you may send a counter-notification to the Climate Central copyright agent identified above. Such counter-notification must contain the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature, or that of an authorized representative;
- a description of the material that you claim has been improperly removed or to which you believe access has been improperly disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access was disabled;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- your name, address and telephone number, and a statement that (i) you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which such address is located or, if your address is outside of the United States, to any judicial district in which Climate Central may be found, and (ii) you will accept service of process from the claimant who provided Climate Central's designated agent with notification of the alleged infringement in accordance with the DMCA, or an agent of such person.
Your use of this site is at your sole risk. This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We reserve the right to restrict or terminate your access to this site or any feature or part thereof at any time. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, climate central expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and any warranties that materials on this site are noninfringing; that access to this site will be uninterrupted or error-free; that this site will be secure; that this site or the server that makes this site available will be virus-free; or that information on this site will be complete, accurate or timely. If you download any materials from this site, you do so at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such materials. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from climate central or through or from this site shall create any warranty of any kind. Climate central does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the materials on this site in terms of their completeness, correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
In certain states, the law may not permit the disclaimer of warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you understand and agree that neither climate central, nor any of its affiliates or third-party content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, punitive or any other damages relating to or resulting from your use of or inability to use this site or any other site you access through a link from this site or from any actions we take or fail to take as a result of email messages you send us. These include damages for errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delays, computer viruses, your loss of profits, loss of data, unauthorized access to and alteration of your transmissions and data, and other tangible and intangible losses.
This limitation applies regardless of whether the damages are claimed under the terms of a contract, as the result of negligence or otherwise arise out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, services, products or materials available from this site, and even if we or our representatives have been negligent or have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, all or a portion of the above limitation may not apply to you.
External Links, Users, Sponsors and Advertisers
Links provided to other locations or sites are made available for your convenience only and do not indicate endorsement by Climate Central of such other location or site or it's information. The existence of a link to another site does not imply that the organization or person publishing at that site endorses any of the materials at the Site. Climate Central is not responsible for the materials contained at any web site linked to the Site. You agree that Climate Central is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any interaction or relationship with other users, sponsors, or advertisers, or as a result of such parties’ access to and use of the Services.
You generally do not need to obtain permission from us to put a text link on your site that links back to the Site. We request that you notify us of any links you create to the Site and we reserve the right, however, to revoke permission to the link at any time in our sole discretion. If we revoke such consent, you agree to immediately remove and disable any and all of your links to the Site. You shall include all appropriate attributions in connection with all links to the Site and shall not use any link in a manner that is likely to create confusion as to the source of content.