Current job opportunities at Climate Central:
Information Technology Specialist
Take a world-changing job. Become the primary IT resource supporting a growing, dedicated non-profit organization working at the intersection of climate change science, mass media, online mapping and interactive data visualization. Climate Central’s research and web applications have made front-page news, national network TV, and have been presented in Senate testimony. Now we are building to the next level.
We are located in Princeton, N.J. and we are looking for a creative individual with experience in system administration and desktop support. You must be comfortable being the primary IT resource for the organization and you must have experience supporting Macs.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, system software, and all configurations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network and system problems.
- Maintain back-up and security for all IT and Web systems.
- Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plan.
- Configure, monitor and maintain email applications, spam and virus protection.
- Select, manage and monitor all related outside service providers.
- Research, evaluate recommend and purchase appropriate hardware and software.
- Monitor and maintain organization’s data and voice communication network.
- Provide user support and training, including help desk functions.
- Write and maintain system documentation and IT procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Ability to work independently and to function as primary IT resource to an organization.
- Experience with maintaining network in multi-office environment and providing consistent, high quality end-user support.
- Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the following:
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office applications.
- Macs and PCs.
- VMware server solutions.
- Voice and Video over IP systems. Cisco VoIP experience a plus.
- Google Apps for email applications.
Compensation is competitive, with generous benefit package, including health, dental, vision and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; tuition reimbursement; gym reimbursement; and paid time off program.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Search will close when successful candidate is recruited to fill this position.