Available Positions: Program Director
Climate Central seeks a program director to coordinate all aspects of our internal efforts and our outreach work with the environmental and scientific communities regarding impacts of failure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Develop and implement a research and outreach strategy to enhance the positioning of our work in the environmental and scientific communities
- Work with Climate Central’s Senior Staff and Programs Directors to establish short and long-term goals—and execute to meet those goals—toward our overall internal research and outreach strategy to the scientific, media, policy, business, and environmental communities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key counterparts at major environmental and scientific organizations and institutions to integrate their ongoing communications needs with Climate Central’s ability to meet them.
- Under the leadership of VP of Creative Production, and with support of Associate Program Director, manage and coordinate Climate Central’s research and multimedia production on localized impacts of climate change, focused on the needs for local, state, and national-level campaigns.
- Coordinate the research and communications efforts of a network of scientists throughout the nation to calculate and communicate the costs of failure to carry through commitments to address climate change.
- Work with the Communications Director to develop and execute messages to expand our media coverage, and that of our scientific partners.
- Report to the VP of Creative Production.
- At least eight years experience and demonstrated success coordinating multi-line staff and managing outreach campaigns for environmental, scientific, or other non-profit organizations.
- Leadership and management experience in a large, multi-service communications or science advocacy group.
- Strong relationships with key players in environmental and energy sectors.
- Experience working on environmental outreach at local, state, and national levels considered as especially valuable.
- Lead and respond in a team setting to breaking events in the news cycle, and work in a deadline environment.
- Advanced degree or credible experience managing those with one.
Climate Central is a fast-growing, non-profit organization with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. We are an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the American public. Climate Central is not an advocacy organization and does not lobby or support any specific legislation, policy or bill.
Location: This position is located at Climate Central’s headquarters in Princeton, NJ.
Compensation: Climate Central offers a very competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position, along with a resume, to Iveta Weinberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to Program Director Job in the subject line. All correspondence will remain confidential.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application. Applicants will be contacted if selected as a candidate for this position. No phone calls please.
Diversity: Climate Central strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.