Available Positions: Web Designer/HTML Email Developer
Web Designer / HTML Email Developer
Climate Central seeks a creative, detail-oriented Web Designer/HTML Email Developer to join our Creative team. The Designer/Developer will serve as point person for HTML email campaigns, a vital tool in our organization for communicating the science and effects of climate change to the public and decision-makers. Candidates should have strong HTML and CSS skills and excel at providing functional and creative ideas to design. Ideal candidates will have prior experience developing HTML emails, strong interpersonal skills, and the tenacity to meet deadlines and proactively solve problems.
- Design and produce HTML emails (often containing dynamic content) and HTML and CSS for the web
- Ensure rendering consistency of email campaigns across multiple clients (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook) and browsers
- Oversee email campaigns from conception to delivery
- Work effectively and efficiently with program managers and QA testers
- Stay current with latest design and development trends to keep Climate Central competitive
- Update website content via CMS
- Regularly review activity metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide guidance on increasing open rates/engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Well-versed in responsive coding techniques
- Experienced in debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented
- Willing to work on new challenges but remain focused on your regular duties
- General proficiency in Photoshop. Additional Adobe design programs a plus
- Comfortable tracking and digesting activity metrics
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git) a plus
About Climate Central:
Climate Central is an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the American public. Climate Central is not an advocacy organization and does not lobby or support any specific legislation, policy or bill.
This position is located at Climate Central’s headquarters in Princeton, NJ.
Compensation is competitive, with a generous benefits package.
Climate Central strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
If You Are Interested:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.