What Are the Benefits and Risks of Nuclear Power?
The main advantages of nuclear power are that it is well established, its use could be expanded globally, and it emits much lower greenhouse gas emissions than electricity from coal. The main disadvantages are the risk of a reactor accident, unresolved issues with radioactive waste disposal, and the link to nuclear weapons.
Nuclear Energy FAQs
- Where in the World Is Nuclear Power?
- How Was Nuclear Energy Discovered?
- What is Nuclear Waste and What Do We Do With It?
- What Are the Greenhouse Emissions from Nuclear Power?
- What Does Nuclear Power Cost?
- How Do We Get Electricity from Nuclear Energy