How Do We Get Electricity from Nuclear Energy?
The energy released from the nucleus of an atom — nuclear energy — is harnessed today by heating water to make steam. The steam turns a turbine that drives a generator to make electricity.
Nuclear Energy FAQs
- What Are the Benefits and Risks of Nuclear Power?
- Where in the World Is Nuclear Power?
- How Was Nuclear Energy Discovered?
- What is Nuclear Waste and What Do We Do With It?
- What Are the Greenhouse Emissions from Nuclear Power?
- What Does Nuclear Power Cost?
Image Sources: IPFM, Alexander Glaser