Wildfires are on the rise in the State of Washington, as they are in much of the American WestÃ¢Â€Â”and climate change looks at least partly responsible. This report explores the connections between rising temperatures, melting snows, multiplying beetles and the increase in wildfires as well as the toll fires are taking on forests and the people who live in and around them.
- The Global Energy Assessment - Chapter 11: Renewable Energy
- The Global Energy Assessment - Chapter 12: Fossil Energy Systems
- The Global Energy Assessment - Chapter 17: Energy Pathways for Sustainable Development
- Coal and Biomass to Fuels and Power
- Making Fischer-Tropsch Fuels and Electricity from Coal and Biomass: Performance and Cost Analysis
News, Blogs & Features
- Apr 23rd, 2014 - Storm Surge Could Flood NYC 1 in Every 4 Years
- Apr 23rd, 2014 - New Ways to Visualize Increasingly Hot Weather in U.S.
- Apr 23rd, 2014 - Carbon Capture Faces Hurdles of Will, Not Technology
- Apr 22nd, 2014 - Okla. Utilities Hit Homes Using Solar With Extra Fee
- Apr 22nd, 2014 - Climate Models, Globe’s Oceans Put Stamp on Earth Day