Recent deforestation in Brazil has been rapid, causing greenhouse gas emissions. Some argue planting more U.S. corn for ethanol may ultimately be a contributing factor.
News, Blogs & Features
- May 25th, 2013 - Congo Waits on Funding for Largest Hydropower Project
- May 24th, 2013 - Weather Satellite Outage Points to Larger Problems
- May 23rd, 2013 - Optimism for Crops in Midwest; Dire Straits in the West
- May 23rd, 2013 - 2013 Hurricane Season Could Be Extremely Active: NOAA
- May 23rd, 2013 - Oklahoma Tornado Shows Progress in Weather Warnings