Global Warming: It’s Not the Sun
Climate change can be natural, but what’s happening now can’t be explained by natural forces.
Among the natural causes of climate change:
- Changes in the brightness of the sun.
- Changes in the atmosphere when plants began converting CO2 to oxygen.
- Continental drift which created new patterns of circulation in the ocean.
- Changes in the Earth's tilt, which alter the amount of sunlight in summer and winter.
- Massive volcanoes spewing gases into the air
Among the human causes of climate change:
- CO2 from burning fossil fuels.
- Methane and nitrogen oxides from agriculture.
- Deforestation, which cuts down on how much CO2 nature sucks out of the atmosphere.