The Lower 48 as a whole had an average shift of "first leaf" from March 20 (1951-1980 average) to March 17 now (1981-2010 average): approximately 3 days earlier.
News, Blogs & Features
- Dec 20th, 2014 - 6 Degrees: Drought Relief, Europe Heats Up, CO2 & More
- Dec 19th, 2014 - Picture This: It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Winter
- Dec 18th, 2014 - Tipping Point Nears for ‘Emerging Flooding Crisis’
- Dec 18th, 2014 - Rain a ‘Start’ for Calif., But Drought Entrenched
- Dec 18th, 2014 - NASA Satellite Sends Back Most Detailed View of CO2