The Lower 48 as a whole had an average shift of "first leaf" from March 20 (1951-1980 average) to March 17 now (1981-2010 average): approximately 3 days earlier.
News, Blogs & Features
- Aug 1st, 2014 - Picture This: Eerie Wildfire, Stirring Rainbow & Sharknado!
- Aug 1st, 2014 - Blistering Future Summers for 1,001 U.S. Cities
- Jul 31st, 2014 - Record-Setting Drought Intensifies in Parched California
- Jul 31st, 2014 - Derailments May Increase as ‘Sun Kinks’ Buckle Tracks
- Jul 31st, 2014 - Using CO2 Emissions to Pump Oil May Help the Climate