Arctic sea ice acts like a heat shield, reflecting most of the sun's energy. As the ice has melted back, it reflects less, and the planet is absorbing more heat.
News, Blogs & Features
- Jul 14th, 2018 - As Seas Rise, Americans Use Nature to Fight Worsening Erosion
- Jul 11th, 2018 - Air Conditioning Costs Rise With Arizona’s Heat
- Jul 11th, 2018 - Report: The High Cost of Hot
- Jun 10th, 2018 - Antarctic Ocean Discovery Warns of Faster Global Warming
- Jun 7th, 2018 - Rising Seas Could Swell Arizona’s Population